19 January, 2009

Dear Mr. President,

As an American citizen, I do not think I have ever been more proud. I understand that, despite an exhausting campaign, the reality is that your task is just beginning. I, along with many others, realize change takes time under any circumstances, let alone the ones you face. I recognize that and am sincerely willing to do what I personally can. I ask only that, in this time of limited means and seemingly unlimited challenges, that you do not neglect the neediest, whether they are within or beyond U.S. borders, and that you give both attention and funding to the needs of the unfortunate, whether caught up in the horrors of war, preventable disease, or other extreme circumstances.

Your voice is strong. Please remember to speak for those who don't have one.
Lake Malawi, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and joining in the conversation!

Related Posts with Thumbnails